Know about the average calories in chocolate cake  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Cakes are among the most popular and common desserts that are prominent all around the world
- There are many variations of chocolate cake, including fudge cake, souffle cake, garash cake and Joffre cake
- A traditional chocolate cake is common and is prepared using the basic ingredients and method
New Delhi: Cheat day or not, who does not like a classic piece of chocolate cake for a dessert? Cakes may not quite seem like a good idea when trying to lose weight, but working on a fitness plan must not come with a price of giving up on our taste buds. A beneficial way of working on losing weight must start with one being mindful about what they eat. Supervised calorie consumption is one way to do it. If you love eating chocolate cake, here is what you need to know about the average calories present in it and its nutrition facts.
Average calories in chocolate cake
The main ingredients of a chocolate cake include chocolate, milk and sugar. The average calories in a piece (100 g) of chocolate cake will make up for about 360 calories.
How much are 360 calories?
If you look at it from a fitness perspective, 360 calories could be a substantial calorie consumption. Here is how you can burn 360 calories:
- Cycling for 55 minutes.
- Running for 40 minutes.
Nutrition facts of chocolate cake
Chocolate cakes have chocolate as its main ingredient which makes it a source of antioxidants. Here are the nutrition facts of a piece (100 g) of chocolate cake:
|Dietary fibres||1.6 g|
|Vitamin A||40 mcg|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mcg|
How can you make your chocolate cake healthier?
Here are some tips you can use to make your chocolate cake healthier and reduce its calorie count.
- Alter the flour used and make use of whole-wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
- Add oats to your cake to add fibre in your dessert and enhance the texture.
- Sprinkle your cake with nuts to add antioxidants to your dessert.
- Go easy on the frosting unless it is very necessary.
- Include ingredients like bananas, honey, peanut butter and greek yoghurt instead of butter/oil or…
Read More: Classic chocolate cake: Here’s what you need to know about the average calories